Program Coordinator: Matt Phelps
This program is for children entering kindergarten through to June graduates. These are not swim lessons and involve competitive meets. They must be able to swim 25 yards without a floatation device or stopping. This program starts in May and runs through the beginning of August. The fee for this program is $115 per swimmer.
Registration for the Summer Swim & Dive Team starts in the beginning of April.
Swim & Dive Program 2018
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR 2018: BARC Summer Swim Team registration will be available APRIL 1, 2018 through May 13, 2018.
Team size is limited to the first 100 registered swimmers and registration CLOSES May 13th.
Log onto www.ballstonarearec.org and click on ‘Register/Log In’. If you have already created an online account, you will be able to access the information used from your last registration. If needed, please update your contact information, such as your phone number (both home and mobile), email, address, etc. All initial correspondence will be through email, so please be sure your account info is correct. If you need help registering, you may email the BARC office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost: $115.00 per child for the first two swimmers in a family and $90.00 for any additional family swimmers. The fee will be used to cover coaching and lifeguard expenses. A limited number of scholarships are available. The team will compete in the Suburban Swim League this summer. THESE ARE NOT SWIM LESSONS.
Parent Volunteers: The swim team is organized by parent volunteers, parental involvement from each swim parent is expected to help with transportation of your child to the meets and assisting during the swim meets with timing, swimmers, set up/clean up and other meet related tasks.
- To be eligible for Competitive Swimming children must be residents of the Ballston Spa School District and ENTERING Kindergarten through twelfth grade or a June 2018 BSHS graduate.
- To be eligible for Competitive Diving children must be residents of the Ballston Spa School District and age 10 by June 1, 2018. (No Exceptions)
- Children must be able to SWIM one length of the pool (25 yards) WITHOUT FLOATATION DEVICES AND WITHOUT STOPPING.
- Team attire will be cap, goggles, and swimsuit. (Optional Team Suit cost: Approx.$50 female/$32 male)
- Information regarding the team suit and apparel will be distributed at the Parent Meeting in May.
- Practices are tentatively scheduled for 2 times a week in the afternoons from May 29th through June 21st.
- Morning practices will be held 4 times per week (Monday-Thursday) beginning June 25th through August 2nd.
- Practice times will be announced at Parent Meeting once pool availability is determined
- Most meets will be held Thursday evenings.
- The Suburban League Championship Meet will be held for Diving on August 1st, and for Swimming on August 3rd and 4th.
- MANDATORY INFORMATIONAL PARENT/SWIMMER MEETING will be in May 17th, 2018 @ 6:30 pm at the Gordon Creek Cafeteria.
- Questions: Email Matt Phelps (Parent Volunteer) at email@example.com.