Welcome to BARC
Interested in Coaching?
If you want to coach a sport, just register online through your family account. (This is done separately from your child’s registration.) Still have questions? Here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
What if I can’t commit to the entire schedule? We know it’s a big time commitment, but if you partner with another parent to coach & let us know in the comment section of both coaches’ registrations who you’re partnering with, we will place you together. You can also enlist parent volunteers at the start of the season to cover the occasional game or practice. Many parents are eager to help out, but just can’t do it every week.
What if I have one weekday that I can’t be there (for example Wednesdays), can I still coach? Let us know in the comment section of your registration what weekday it is & we will make sure that you don’t get scheduled that day each week. We can’t meet schedule requests for multiple days per week, or for various days throughout the season, but we can typically avoid the same day each week.
I don’t have any coaching experience. Can I still coach? Yes. While coaching experience is helpful, we are a recreational & instructional program. Our rules are basic and are not complicated- especially for the younger age groups. We are here to have fun.
Will I get a copy of drills or other training? Yes. You get the rules at the coaches meeting. We also set up one or two clinics prior to the start of the season for coaches- to go over drills & techniques. In addition, we have drills that we email to anyone who would like them.
Please consider signing up to coach. We can’t run these programs without great volunteers like you!
If you have not coached before, a background check will have to be completed.
& Program Closings
- BARC Soccer program registration goes online 8/15/20 and closes 9/5/20.
- BARC will be offering Fall T-ball & Instructional Baseball. Registration goes online 8/18/20.
- BARC’s Newest Art Program: Nature Exploration Hiking Club registration goes online 08/25/20 and closes 09/06/20.
- Contact Casey Martin at email@example.com for more details on rescheduled winter 2020 art classes.
- Fall Enrichment has been cancelled for the fall of 2020.
* We will be following all state COVID 19 guidelines for recreation programs, which may include restrictions on groups size, equipment usage & spacing. These guidelines will be provided prior to the start of the program.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Please visit our sponsor page by clicking the button below for more information and links to our sponsors.
Please support these great businesses that have taken time to support our BARC programs!