Swim/Dive Commissioner: Renata Porter
BARC SUMMER SWIM & DIVE PROGRAM
This program is for children entering kindergarten through twelfth grade in the fall and June graduates. These are not swim lessons. This program competes in competitive meets through the Suburban League. Swimmers must be able to swim 25 yards without a flotation device or stopping. To be eligible for competitive diving, children must be residents of the Ballston Spa School District and age 10 by June 1 of that season. (No exceptions.) This program starts the end of May/beginning of June and runs through the beginning of August. Registration opens in late March and closes at the end of May.
Cost: $150.00 per child for the first two swimmers in a family and $110.00 for any additional family swimmers. The fee will be used to cover coaching and lifeguard expenses. A limited number of scholarships are available.
Practices during June are two weekday afternoons from 3p-6p and during July are two to four weekday mornings from 8a-11a. Most meets will be held either Tuesday or Thursday evenings. The end of season “Suburban League Championship Meet” takes place during the end of July or first week of August.
Swim is back & we need your support! Help us continue this amazing program for our swimmers! Swim sponsorships are only $100, and with this sponsorship your business’ name appears on the back of our championship give-away t shirts, and on the BARC website. The deadline is June 18th. Click the link for more details Sponsorship link
BARC Swim & Dive is back for 2023!
ONLINE REGISTRATION is open March 31, 2023 through May 15, 2023. https://ballstonarearec.sportngin.com/register/form/565305940
Cost: $150.00 per child for the first two swimmers in a family and $110.00 for any additional family swimmers.
When: Practices are tentatively scheduled for 2 times a week in the afternoons from May 30th through June 23rd. Morning practices will be held 2-4 times per week (Monday-Thursday) beginning June 26th through July27th. Meets are typically Tuesday or Thursday evenings 4p-7p. This is a competitive swim program that participates in the Suburban League
Where: Ballston Spa High School pool
Who: Students Grades K-12 who can swim independently. This is not a learn to swim program.
Mandatory Parent Meeting: Wednesday, 5/24/23 @ 7p via zoom. *The schedule will be released at this meeting.
HOW TO REGISTER: Log onto www.ballstonarearec.org and go to our online registration by clicking “Register/Log In” to be directed to BARC’s registration site with Sports Engine. Click on the ‘Registrations’ tab to see all active registrations . If you have already created an online account through Sports Engine, you will be able to access the information from your last registration. If any of your personal information has changed, please update it to ensure that you receive program updates. If you need help registering, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Things to know…
- To be eligible for competitive swimming children must be residents of the Ballston Spa School District and ENTERING Kindergarten through twelfth grade or a June 2023 BSHS graduate.
- To be eligible for competitive diving children must be residents of the Ballston Spa School District and age 10 by June 1, 2023.
- Children must be able to SWIM one length of the pool (25 yards) WITHOUT FLOATATION DEVICES AND WITHOUT STOPPING
- Swimmers should bring/wear a water bottle, swim cap, goggles, towel, and swimsuit. There are specific requirements for bathing suits.
- Finalized practice times will be announced at Parent Meeting or once pool availability is determined.
- If we are able to compete in the Suburban Swim League, meets are held a different pools in the Capital District. Most meets would be north of the Albany area to limit miles traveled. If there is a Suburban League Championship Meet dates will be provided once confirmed.
- Sponsorships are necessary to keep the cost of this program down. We ask all parents to enlist one local business or community organization as a Swim sponsor. Sponsors will have their name on the back of the swim give-away t-shirt and will be listed on the BARC Sponsor page of our website. For more details on sponsor packages http://ballstonarearec.org/barc-sponsorship-opportunities/.