Swim/Dive Commissioner: Matt Phelps
BARC SUMMER SWIM & DIVE PROGRAM
This program is for children entering kindergarten through twelfth grade in September 2021 or June 2021 graduates. These are not swim lessons and involve competitive meets. They must be able to swim 25 yards without a flotation device or stopping. To be eligible for competitive diving, children must be residents of the Ballston Spa School District and age 10 by June 1, 2021. (No Exceptions)
This program starts in June and runs through the beginning of August. Registration open late February/early March and closes by mid May. The program starts at the end of May/beginning of June.
Cost: $140.00 per child for the first two swimmers in a family and $100.00 for any additional family swimmers. The fee will be used to cover coaching and lifeguard expenses. A limited number of scholarships are available. The team will compete in the Suburban Swim League this summer. THESE ARE NOT SWIM LESSONS. We are accepting an initial deposit this year with subsequent payments due to the uncertainty of the format of the program.
Most meets will be held either Tuesday or Thursday evenings. The end of season “Suburban League Championship Meet” is not yet determined. Due to COVID meets may be virtual with other programs in the league, or intra program mini meets.
Note: Due to current Covid-19 precautions and procedures there will be modifications to this program to meet the requirements set by the School District to ensure a successful Swim/Dive Team season. The requirements will be finalized and shared during the parent meeting.
BARC 2021 Summer Swim & Dive Team Registration
ONLINE REGISTRATION: BARC Summer Swim Team registration will be online March 6, 2021 through May 16, 2021. Team size is limited to the first 100 registered swimmers and registration CLOSES May 16th.
Log onto www.ballstonarearec.org and click on ‘Register/Log In’. If you have already created an online account, you will be able to access the information used from your last registration. If needed, please update your contact information, such as your phone number (both home and mobile), email, address, etc. All initial correspondence will be through email, so please be sure your account info is correct. If you need help registering, you may email the registrar, Cheryl Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be eligible for competitive swimming children must be residents of the Ballston Spa School District and ENTERING Kindergarten through 12th grade in September 2021 or a June 2021 BSHS graduate.
- To be eligible for competitive diving children must be residents of the Ballston Spa School District and age 10 by June 1, 2021. (No Exceptions)
- Children must be able to SWIM one length of the pool (25 yards) WITHOUT FLOATATION DEVICES AND WITHOUT STOPPING. The initial 2 weeks are used to determine if swimmer meets this expectation and a refund can be provided during this time period.
- Mandatory Parent Meeting in May – Date/Time TBD. (A zoom meeting invite will be emailed once a date/time is established)
- Practices are tentatively scheduled for 2 times a week in the afternoons from June 1st through June 23rd. Morning practices will be held 4 times per week (Monday-Thursday) beginning June 28th through August 5th. Finalized practice times will be announced at Parent Meeting or once pool availability is determined.
- Swim Meets are TBD as Covid-19 restrictions and procedures are still being discussed. More info will be forthcoming as decisions are made by the school for the use of the pool facility. It has not been determined if the team will host and travel to meets against other teams or if there will be virtual meets against teams or meets will be within our own team. These decisions will be made in the weeks leading to the beginning of season and more info will be provided at the parent meeting. It is our goal to provide an opportunity for competitive meet experiences so that swimmers/divers can be in timed and scored events.